Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WHERE YOU BEEN





WHERE YOU BEEN ?  

Its been a long time since I wrote on here, but with 51 days left to IMFL I thought it would be cool to start it back up again.  The catch everyone up on me in a flash, here are the main points. 

1.  I am still doing IMFL and look forward to the day when I don't have to worry about how I am going to squeeze a workout in or how on earth I am going to have the energy to do tomorrow's workout after today's sufferfest.  

2.  Life gets you and takes you for a ride regardless of what you plan.  My training until the second half of July had been spotting.  When I say spotting, I mean 6-8 hours of training a week.  The plus side of this is time I should have been training I did the following :  

CAMPING
Spring Camping Trip 

Completed my 4th Half Ironman (Ironman Texas 70.3 in Galveston) 

The swim

Always give serious looks for the camera

Check out the joker who photobomb'd me !!
Helped my son complete his first triathlon 
Keeping the serious look for the cameras going

Tried my hand at assistant coaching for my son's baseball team

Always fierce! 

Spent 7 Saturdays in June at outdoor swim meets for 6 hours each meet.  (My daugther's first year and my son's second)

Even more fierce !!


Participated in a ride along with my former work associate, who is now a police officer 

You have the right to remain silent... 

Took the family to Galveston for a mini-vacation 

The youngest really got into the beach culture

Did some geocaching

They compete for who will find the cache first

And last but not least......GOT A PUPPY !!
Lucy Belle

I worried for awhile about the training I missed, but looking back on it I wouldn't change the way I spent my time.  I might not get my desired time I wanted to get at IMFL, but thats alright. 

So with the fun stuff done, July began the work and training is in full swing.  12 plus hours of training a week and the over next six weeks that will be increasing each week until its go time!!  I have a wondering thought every now and then that makes me real nervous about completing IMFL, but it goes away and I just keep trying to get all the training in that I can stand.  

More blogs to come.....I owe my police officer buddy one on my ride along, so that will be up in a few days.  I got to see a different side of Austin that I had never seen before.  


No comments:

Post a Comment